- Strong package
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Matt Travell
- 10 months ago
Data Governance is key to this organisations data strategy. They are looking for Data Steward ('s) who have a passion for data and want help provide the management and oversight of their data assets.
Providing business users with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner, ensuring compliance to organisational and regulatory requirements, and that data consumers and producers adhere to good data handling behaviours and practices.
The inside word...
This bank has strong values and commitment to do right by their customers. In this role you would:
- Ensure good data handling behaviours and practices concerned with the procurement, management, use and destruction of data. Ensure awareness and alignment with ethical principles and responsible use of data within your business unit(s).
- Have an in-depth understanding of critical data within your line(s) of business and be recognised as an authority/subject matter expert within their domain.
- Provide hands-on observation, audit, and assistance across key areas of data quality, data policy, and data governance.
- Ensure data that is critical to the business unit(s) you represent is known, defined and documented. Understands that data you are responsible for is key to your business unit(s) being able to leverage it to your benefit. Review existing data elements to verify what is critical for key reports, dashboards, or pages used to serve customers, undertake key business activities, or make key business decisions.
- Drive execution of data strategy and data governance strategy within your business unit(s). Work to embed data governance within BAU/operations to ensure sustainable data governance practices.
- Enforce policies related to privacy, access, usage, security and quality.
- Upskill and communicate the benefits of improved data management and governance practices within your business unit(s). Champion awareness of good data behaviour within the company.
- Ensure effective and efficient management in the capturing, storing, retrieval, use, and disposal of unstructured physical and digital data.
As an experienced Data Steward, you'll have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with experiencing providing guidance in an environment of rapid change.
You will also bring:
- Experience in data management and governance in a regulated environment. Understanding of data and information related regulations an advantage (e.g. BCBS 239, CPS 234, CPG 235, EU GDPR, NZ Privacy Law reform, PCI DSS).
- Good people skills with an ability to influence and foster collaboration.
- Knowledge of information and data management concepts, and key concepts of critical data and data flows.
- Analytical with a keen attention to detail.
- Tenacious and committed to continuous improvement.
- Outcome focused and able to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with technical data discussions.
- Data related industry qualification(s) (e.g. Certified Data Management Professional) desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, finance or technical field required.
This company is passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates people to deliver exceptional results. You will be part of a fun culture, in a well-equipped and funded corporate environment.
- Flexible working and workplace equality.
- Reduced rates on credit cards and personal loans + additional home loan extras.
- Life, disability and income protection + discounts on other banking products.
- Leave: A bit of time off every now and then, our client is proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.