- NZD130000.00 - NZD170000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Shweta Chopra
- about 1 month ago
· Are you Senior/Lead DBA with knowledge and experience in Hadoop
· A rare leadership opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership skills
· A very successful and growing tech company in the CBD
The inside word...
We are looking for a Lead DBA, specializing in Hadoop to provide technical leadership to an existing DBA team (to include SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle) that work with an array of database platforms and applications. You will be the subject matter expert on Hadoop and upskill the team in Hadoop.
You're a legend because...
· Extensive experience in designing, deploying and supporting highly available and scalable Hadoop Clusters for high data volumes.
· In depth knowledge of Hadoop architecture and administration on Linux
· Experience Kafka, Hive, YARN, Cloudera CDP or Cloudera. If you have worked with Hortonworks HDP that's an advantage
· Experience with automation tools such has Puppet or Ansible and code conversion tools like GIT, SVN etc.
· Experience in scripting languages like Bash, Python or Java
· Excellent communication and interpersonal team to lead the DBA team in terms of technical direction. You are open minded and willing to share knowledge and learn new skills.
And...what's in it for you?
- a company culture that treats everyone equally
- the opportunity for growth
- a tight knit team without many management layers
- for every employee to be equal and have their voice heard
- health and wellness benefits that help you to always feel your best
- an exciting and different kind of work
- fun company outings and great in-office energy
- a home in their awesome space with views over the Waitemata Harbour
- Life, Trauma, Health and Income protection Insurance.
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement as well as events to support employees physical, emotional, mental and financial wellbeing
- Discretionaey paid 6 week sabbatical for every 4 years worked
- Additional Learning and Development opportunities
- Great team events including weekly Thirsty Thursday, team building activities, mid-year and end of year parties
Let's get started!
Please apply in the first instance to be considered!