- NZD95000.00 - NZD120000.00 per annum, Benefits: Lots of benefits
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Matt Travell
- 19 days ago
- For a senior Linux Engineer to join a successful organisation that is building on its excellent customer centric reputation.
- Be part of a team using Open-Source technologies, automation, private cloud, and standard business hours with a "follow the sun' support model delivering system monitoring and support to a broad range of customers.
The inside word...
- This is a newly created position that has been formed to expand the already existing team of engineers at various levels.
- You will be responsible installing, monitoring and fine-tuning any system or network issues around their private cloud infrastructure.
- You will also be tasked with building new servers, setting up environments and developing and deploying internal automation and self-service tools.
- This company cares about work culture, they have a strong team with weekly work drinks. They offer flexibility with some options for working from home, but the goal is to find someone who wants to be part of the team.
You're a legend because...
- You're a team player who wants to integrate and add to company culture..
- You are already an experienced systems engineer who's worked with Unix/Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS Linux) in a large-scale, distributed Linux production set-up.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as bash and python.
- Familiar with Puppet and/or Ansible configuration management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems and basic network problems.
- Able to build open-source software (like Apache and MySQL) from source code.
- You have experience with open-source technologies, and ideally OpenStack.
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Openshift.
- Clued-up on enterprise level virtualisation (VMware, KVM)
- Highly organised, with good time and expectation management skills.
And...what's in it for you?
- A company culture that treats everyone equally
- Lots of great company benefits - Insurnaces, extra extra holidays, and many more.
- Work with open source tech and private cloud
- The opportunity for growth
- A tight knit team without many management layers
- Health and wellness benefits that help you to always feel your best
- Fun company outings and great in-office energy
- A home in their awesome space with views over the Waitemata Harbour
Let's get started!
Please apply in the first instance to be considered!
Alternatively, please call Matt Travell or Pascal de Reuck on 09 281 4150 for a confidential chat if you have any questions!
(As this is an urgent position, candidates with the right to live and work in NZ already will only be considered because of travel restrictions).