- Successful organisation that is building on its excellent customer centric reputation
- Be part of a global team in a "follow the sun' support model delivering network monitoring and support to a broad range of customers.
- Take advantage of this rare opportunity, be part of an organisation that takes fantastic care of their staff and help them grow. Tenure is long because of the culture and personal opportunities available to staff within this organisation.
The inside word...
- This is a mid-tier position within the small security team, within the wider Auckland Team.
- They are looking for a Security Analyst, with Penetration testing experience to join this team of passionate security engineers.
- You will operate and monitor Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), anti-malware and other cyber-security tools, logs and technologies, enabling rapid detection and response to malicious activities.
- Recognise and respond to cyber-attacks and threats based on in-depth, proactive analysis of monitoring, network, application and system event data to identify potentially abnormal or anomalous system behaviour.
- Perform forensic analysis of IDS, logs, network traffic dumps and other cyber-security event sources, e.g. firewalls, asset inventories, vulnerability registers, through both manual and automated correlation practices.
- Evaluate and utilise intelligence regarding new threats and vulnerabilities to ensure protective monitoring is capable of detecting potential new attacks (e.g. through custom IDS or SIEM rules).
- Research and maintain a proficiency in current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities and security technology developments.
- Create reports on cyber-security threats, attacks, incidents, and other indicators of cyber-security issues.
- Assess the organisation's exposure to existing and new vulnerabilities and develop detection / mitigation strategy.
- Optimize and automate repetitive tasks.
- Lead in knowledge sharing with other analysts to develop solutions and continued improvement.
Why you're a legend...
- Familiarity with IDS, SIEM, anti-malware and cyber-security technologies, including tuning, where appropriate.
- Demonstrable understanding of network traffic analysis techniques and ability to correlate multiple cyber-security event sources to provide a complete analysis of an intrusion and recommend mitigation.
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques used by both ethical and malicious hackers, e.g. vulnerability scanners, exploit frameworks, etc..
- Experience in performing penetration tests against network and web applications.
- Understanding of the anatomy of cyber-attacks.
- Knowledge and understanding of common network protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, ICMP) and how they can be abused.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including hardening methodologies.
- Security operations experience is an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented with strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Experience with automation and scripting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Security related certifications (SANS, OSCP, CISSP etc) or equivalent working experience preferred.
And...what's in it for you?
- A company culture that treats everyone equally.
- Opportunity for growth.
- A tight knit team without many management layers.
- Extensive benefits including:
- Southern Cross UltraCare400 Health Insurance
- Life, Trauma, Total and Permanent Disability and Income Protection Insurance
- Extra Kiwisaver payments
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement of up to $100 per month
- Discretionary paid 6 week sabbatical for every 4 years worked
- Additional Learning and Development opportunities.
- Wellbeing events to support employees physical, emotional, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Fun company outings and great in-office energy.
- An awesome office space with views over the Waitemata Harbour.
Let's get started!
Please apply in the first instance to be considered! After applying, please call Matt Travell or Pascal de Reuck on 09 281 4150 for a confidential chat if you have any questions!
As this is an urgent position, candidates with the right to live and work in NZ already will be considered first. Sometimes unfortunately we don't have the time to respond to all applicants, but will try to connect with anybody who we feel is a good match to one of our available positions.