- Senior Algorithm Developer - Newly created role to apply your AI/Machine learning/Computer Vision skills to make the world greener and cleaner for our future.
- Opportunity to work in New Zealand, enjoy the work life balance, beautiful outdoors and adventures while creating a world first technology - no compromises here!
This is an opportunity to take a world first technology to market, be part of the technology-founding team and put your experience and learnings into practice in an environment where new ideas and thinking is highly valued.
This is a critical role and you will reap the benefits of joining early in their journey, laying the foundations and building the technology.
Your technical expertise (AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision) will be highly regarded along with your collaborative approach and passion for solving problems. You will benefit from working in a team focussed environment - without layers of management nor the bureaucracy in larger corporate environments. There is potential to grow into a formal leadership role, should you have that career aspiration.
Biolumic UV technology delivers ultraviolet light to seeds and seedlings to trigger biological mechanisms that increase plant growth, vigour and yields. Their world-first technology is clean, green and GM free.
Biolumic's HQ and R&D are located in Palmerston North in the scenic Manawatu region and allows you to strike the perfect balance of career and lifestyle, so you can focus on what's important to you.
The inside word
With two Developers already on board, Biolumic are on the hunt for a Senior Algorithm Developer to join their team. Biolumic have made the strategic decision that AI is the future - this team will work closely with the plant scientists to develop algorithms that automate and optimise processes.
Utilising your academic and commercial background, you will seek to find solutions to problems that can't be solved by science alone. Your contribution will provide the foundation for the product and will form the strategic direction.
This is an opportunity to use your academic and algorithm development experience for a solution that will have a positive impact on our future.
This is a permanent full-time role and based in Palmerston North.
Why you're a legend
You possess the following skills and experience:
* Ph.D. in applied maths, computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, with focus on computer vision and/or machine learning (postdoctoral experience will be regarded)
* Demonstrated commercial experience as an algorithm developer or similar position
* Broad knowledge, deep understanding and practical experience in algorithm development in (Statistical Pattern Recognition or Deep Learning) AND (Computer Vision or Machine Vision or Optics). The minimum requirement is to have experience in at one area from each of the two groups, any more is obviously welcomed.
* Solid mathematical skills with ability to understand, improve, and implement mathematical concepts from academic papers
* Solid programming skills in Python or C/C++ to implement Algorithms
* Innovative at heart, self-driven and passionate about problem solving and developing ground-breaking technologies
* Experience with Matlab / Octave is a plus
What's in it for you?
· Work life balance away from the hustle and bustle of big cities - not too far from the capital if you need it though!
· Very attractive salary combined with a lower cost of living and lower cost of housing
· Very generous relocation package for candidates moving to Palmerston North which covers flight fare and moving costs up to a certain limit
Let's get started!
Apply now with a copy of your latest CV or call Shweta on 09 281 4150 for more information