We're looking for a creative and experienced Senior Front-end Developer to join this bank's digital team in Auckland. You will work alongside their designers to define and implement world-class customer experiences on their website whilst improving usability and delivering new value for their customers.
This role is part of our Digital Experience Product team, which is tasked with delivering digital experiences that make banking simpler, faster and more personalised for our customers. You'll use data, research, strategy, and empathy to understand customer problems and journeys so that we can simplify interactions and create stunning customer experiences.
The inside word...
This bank has strong family values and commitment to do right by their customers. They are an agile shop - so creating, challenging and collaborating is their thing, alongside ideation and research sessions directly with customers. Your ideas and practices will be every bit as valued as your ability on the tools, as they are always open to new strategies and approaches to design. This team's goal is to build practical features to enable their customers to make the best financial decisions.
As a Front-end Developer you will provide your specialist knowledge as well as work towards team outcomes. You will be:
- Collaborating with a multi-discipline product team to produce and debate ideas to improve customer experience.
- Solving challenging problems to improve the core flows of their website.
- Prototyping early concepts and bringing them to life through quality code.
- Review and redesign processes or procedures, to deliver improved system productivity or efficiency.
Why you're special...
- Proven ability working with CMS such as Silverstripe along with experience using Spring, micro-services, and APIs as a bonus.
- Comfortable using modern delivery and development tools, like git, grunt, webpack, Jira and Jenkins.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- An open and collaborative communication style.
- A passion for code quality, test coverage and automation.
- Comfortable in an agile team where great conversations beat great documentation any day.
- Like us, you'll have a passion for your own development and a deep interest in your craft.
And...what's in it for you?
- In return you will be part of a fun culture, in a well-equipped and funded corporate environment
- Flexible working and workplace equality.
- Reduced rates on credit cards and personal loans + additional home loan extras.
- Life, disability and income protection + discounts on other banking products.
- A collaborative environment that supports learning, where you have the freedom and support to bring your best ideas of life.
- The opportunity to work closely with customers and truly understand their needs so you can help design experiences they love.
- Apple equipment.
For the chance to be involved in this opportunity, please apply immediately!
After applying, for a confidential chat please call Matt or Pascal on 09 281 4150.
Note for overseas candidates: Although we do normally consider overseas candidates those with the rights to live and work in NZ will be preferred.