The postion will focus on the Infrastructure Services team's work programme providing critical maintenance, upgrades, small business requests and delivery to projects for the Linux Infrastructure area.
The Senior Linux Platform Engineer will be required to support the middleware layer and UNIX Infrastructure including engagement for various project tasks. You will work with others across the work programme and lead infrastructure work using technologies such as Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Satellite , and proactively looking at ways to improve the environment for their desktop clients.
You will act as a technical advisor on migration to IaaS provider; this involves working with the organisation and external providers to provide networking and server infrastructure to my client. You will also be involved with technical designs and architect services.
Key Skills Requirements
- Extensive experience working in a corporate ICT environment with solid exposure to Red Hat Linux.
- Excellent understanding of UNIX/Linux commands, start up processes, shutdown processes, automated build methods, configuration and remediation of problems from the Linux user group.
- Solid understanding of script programming; such as python.
- Working in dynamic and complex technical arenas
- Familiar with cloud adoption and what it takes to achieve migration from on-prem to AWS led solution.
We are seeking likeminded professionals who believe they can add value to this organisation by being truly passionate about Linux and bleeding edge technologies.
Simply apply now, or alternatively send through your queries/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org