- NZD120000 - NZD140000 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Shweta Chopra
- over 1 year ago
This is an opportunity to take a world first technology to market, be a part of the founding team and put your experience and learnings into practice in an environment where new ideas and thinking is valued and considered.
This is a critical role and you will reap the benefits of joining early in their journey, laying the foundations and building the team.
Your technical expertise (C++, Linux, Python) will be highly regarded along with leadership and people skills. You will benefit from working in a team focussed environment - without layers of management nor the bureaucracy in larger corporate environments.
BioLumic UV technology delivers ultraviolet light to seeds and seedlings to trigger biological mechanisms that increase plant growth, vigour and yields. Their world-first technology is clean, green and GM free.
BioLumic are located in Palmerston North in the scenic Manawatu region and allows you to strike the perfect balance of career and lifestyle, so you can focus on what's important to you.
The inside word
They are on the hunt for a Senior Developer/Technical Lead to lead the software development function whilst still being hands on. This role will evolve as the team grows and you will eventually be leading a team of Software Developers and Test Engineers - however will always retain a hands on element.
The team is in growth mode and the CTO is looking for a strong technical leader to take their growth to the next level. This is a permanent full-time role and based in Palmerston North.
Why you're a legend
- An undergrad degree in software engineering or a related field
- At least five years of experience in software development including a couple of years in a leadership role
- Experience in designing software solutions for complex systems and architectures
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ under Linux
- Programming experience in Python
- Ability to document and communicate requirements, design a solution, and efficiently implement and test the designed solution
- Self-driven and passionate about problem solving and developing ground breaking technologies
If you have exposure or experience with any of the following technologies, it will be highly regarded, although not required: OpenCV, CUDA, Cloud / distributed computing, Front-end development or ROS. Work experience in a technology startup company will also be regarded.
This is a critical role and we are considering candidates from anywhere in the world. An attractive relocation package is on offer for overseas candidates.
What's in it for you?
- Work life balance away from the hustle and bustle of big cities - not too far from the capital if you need it though!
- Very attractive salary combined with a lower cost of living and lower cost of housing
- Relocation package for candidates moving from overseas which covers flight fare, visa costs, moving costs up to a certain limit
Let's get started!
Apply now with a copy of your latest CV and the best times for you to speak and I'll be in contact soon!