Be part of an organisation that provides a wide range of services that affect all of us. People who work here respond directly to the needs of the local community and make a difference in people's lives.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that geospatial data is managed and maintained to meet the organisation's requirements.
- Providing geospatial analysis services
- Providing advice and support for business projects with a GIS component
- Developing ArcGIS Online and Local Maps to provide additional services.
- Contributing to the development of the geospatial strategy.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring agreed policies, standards and procedures for geospatial data management.
- Managing the relationship with vendors.
The ideal candidate:
- Ability to develop and maintain software applications and databases for digital mapping and spatial data.
- A relevant tertiary or professional qualification with proven working experience in managing GIS systems including the Esri ArcGIS suite of products.
- Demonstrated advanced skills on all components of the Esri ArcGIS suite of products, e.g. ArcGIS Server, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro.
- Knowledge and experience in using ArcGIS Online or Portal along with Local Maps.
- Knowledge and experience in the combination of GIS and other data sources for specialised queries and reporting.
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly gain the confidence and respect of managers and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organization.