- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Pascal De Reuck
- about 1 year ago
For a Systems Administrator/Engineer to take ownership of this insurance company's Virtual Environment running on VMWare ESX, and also support their Windows Server and Storage Area Networks.
The inside word...
This organisation is one of the leading insurance companies in NZ, with a strong NZ brand backed by an international organisation.
They have a fantastic work culture, look after their staff, and are looking for someone to ensure their on-prem VMWare services are running smoothly. The role includes 1 in 4 weeks on call. They will have a hardware refresh next year that will mean there is plenty of project work to get stuck into, plus the roadmap for on-prem is set for the next 5 years minimum.
This will suit an intermediate to senior Systems Administrator or Engineer with a number of years VMWare maintenance and monitoring experience, looking to take ownership of this responsibility.
Why you're special...
- IT related degree or similar background and experience.
- You have Strong problem-solving / troubleshooting skills and a good understanding of business processes as well as able to question things where necessary.
- Logical and objective, with outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work under pressure, self-motivated and proactive.
- Proven customer service skills, and a minimum 3 years VMWare experience.
- Hands on experience looking after Windows Servers and Storage Area Networks.
- Citrix, AD and Exchange experience preferred but not essential.
- Insurance or financial services experience a bonus.
And...what's in it for you?
Great culture and work-life balance, 37.5 hour work week with discretionary bonus. This employer also takes care of their staff with a number of other employee benefits.
On-prem VMware that is a core part of their business for the next 5 years, hardware refresh project in pipeline.
Because of the values of this business, there is a short week and work ends early Friday afternoon!
Let's get started!
Please apply now to highlight your interest in this exciting new role.
Note for overseas candidates: Although we do normally consider overseas candidates this role is extremely urgent and so requires somebody who already has the right to live and work in NZ.